The Effect of Caphosol® on the Development of Esophagitis in Small Cell Lung Cancer (SCLC)Patients Treated With Concurrent Chemo/Radiotherapy A Prospective Study of Caphosol + Standard of Care Versus Standard of Care
- 18 years or older
- Patients with histologically proven SCLC (all histological subtypes), treated with
concurrent chemo- and radiotherapy.
- Ability to understand the protocol and willing to provide written informed consent
- Concurrent participation in a clinical trial in which the subject is taking or
receiving any investigational agent that may affect the frequency, severity or
duration of mucositis.
- Pre-existent esophagitis.
- Receiving investigational treatment for the prevention or treatment of mucositis.
- Prior irradiation to the lung or head and neck region.
Type of Study:
Primary Purpose: Prevention
number of patients with esophagitis
Outcome Time Frame:
3 months after the end of the Caphosolintervention
Netherlands: Independent Ethics Committee
- Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Lung Neoplasms
- Small Cell Lung Carcinoma