Phase I Pilot Study to Evaluate the Prognostic Value of Perfusion CT for Primary Cervical Cancer
- >18 years old
- with biopsy-proven squamous, adenocarcinoma or adenosquamous cervical cancer
- no history of prior pelvic radiation and should be able to receive chemoradiation
- non-pregnant women who have not previously undergone a hysterectomy, as that would
have removed the cervix.
- able to give informed consent
- Subjects whose tumors are not FDG avid on the pre-therapy PET.
- Allergy or inability to receive iodinated CT contrast
Type of Study:
Observational Model: Cohort, Time Perspective: Cross-Sectional
Measure perfusion in primary cervical tumors using perfusion CT.
Treatment response will be assessed using a post-treatment FDG-PET/CT to evaluate for complete response, persistent disease or new disease. The association between pre-treatment perfusion CT parameters and response on the post-treatment FDG-PET/CT will be analyzed.
Outcome Time Frame:
Elizabeth Kidd, MD
United States: Institutional Review Board
- Cervical Cancer
- Cervix Uteri
- Uterine Cervical Neoplasms
|Stanford University School of Medicine
||Stanford, California 94305-5317