Randomized, Controlled Trial Investigating the Effect of Preoperative Oral Immunonutrition on Complications and Length of Hospital Stay After Elective Surgery for Pancreatic Cancer
- Men and women referred to treatment at Surgical Gastroenterology Clinic C, Ward 2122
for pancreatic cancer
- Age > 18 years.
- Age < 18 years
- Pregnant and lactating women
- Persons who cannot understand and/or speak Danish
- Renal dysfunction
- Milk allergy
- Participants are excluded if elective surgery is not indicated after all
Type of Study:
Allocation: Randomized, Endpoint Classification: Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Supportive Care
Overall postoperative complications after major gastrointestinal (GI) elective surgery.
Outcome Time Frame:
Within the first 30 days after surgery
Jens R Andersen, Chief Phys., Ass. Prof.
University of Copenhagen
Denmark: "The National Ethical Commitee under The Ministry of health and prevention".
- Pancreatic Cancer
- GI surgery
- Pancreatic cancer
- Postoperative complications and length of hospital stay after major gastrointestinal (GI) elective surgery.
- Pancreatic Neoplasms