A Single Institution Feasibility Study to Assess Thioridazine as a Mobilizing Agent for CD34+ Hematopoietic Progenitor Cells
- Healthy, non-smoking subjects (male or female)
- Age: 18 to 55 years
- All subjects must agree to refrain from consuming alcohol during for 48 hours after
- Performance status Karnofsky score of 100%.
- Women of child-bearing potential and men must agree to use adequate contraception
(hormonal or barrier method of birth control; abstinence) prior to study entry, for
the duration of study participation, and for 90 days following completion of therapy.
Should a woman become pregnant or suspect she is pregnant while participating in this
study, she should inform her treating physician immediately.
- A female of child-bearing potential is any woman (regardless of sexual orientation,
having not undergone a tubal ligation, or remaining celibate by choice) who meets the
- Has not undergone a hysterectomy or bilateral oophorectomy; or has not been naturally
postmenopausal for at least 12 consecutive months (i.e., has had menses at any time
in the preceding 12 consecutive months).
- Ability to understand the purpose and procedures of this study, and the willingness
to sign a written informed consent document.
- Only subjects whose laboratory testing, including platelet counts and transaminase
levels are within normal limits are eligible.
- Subjects must pass pre-treatment screening by EKG to rule out long QT syndrome or
subclinical cardiac arrhythmia.
- Subjects who have had chemotherapy or radiotherapy within 4 weeks prior to entering
the study or those who have not recovered from adverse events due to agents
administered more than 4 weeks earlier.
- History of allergic reactions attributed to compounds of similar chemical or biologic
composition to Agent(s) or other agents used in study.
- Uncontrolled intercurrent illness including, but not limited to, ongoing or active
infection, symptomatic congestive heart failure, unstable angina pectoris, cardiac
arrhythmia, a febrile illness within 35 days of study entry, or psychiatric illness
or dementia, or social situations that would limit compliance with study
- Subjects must not be pregnant or nursing due to the potential for congenital
abnormalities and the potential of this regimen to harm nursing infants.
- Concomitant use of phenytoin excludes potential subjects from participation.
- Subjects with known long QT syndrome or known history of cardiac arrhythmias are
excluded from participation.
- Subjects taking drugs known to inhibit P450 CYP2D6 are excluded from participation.
- Subjects who received an investigational agent within 28 days of dosing with
thioridazine on this protocol are excluded from participation.
- Subjects who received thioridazine within 7 days of dosing on this protocol are
excluded from participation.
- Subjects who have had pelvic radiation are excluded from participation.
- Subjects who have received myeloablative regimens at any time are excluded from