A Randomized Controlled Trial of Radiofrequency Ablation Assisted Hepatectomy and Hepatectomy Alone in the Treatment of Advanced Hepatocellular Carcinoma
1. Diagnosis of HCC confirmed at our hospital.
2. Intrahepatic tumor count no higher than 3 and a minimum tumor diameter > 3 cm, but no
more than 8cm.
3. Liver function of Child-Pugh Class A or B.
4. Tumors lacked intrahepatic and extrahepatic metastasis.
5. Tumors had not invaded the portal vein, the hepatic vein trunk or the secondary
6. Indocyanine green retention at 15 minutes (ICG-15) of <10%.
7. No evidence of coagulopathy: platelet count > 50 × 109/L and a prolonged prothrombin
time of < 5 seconds.
8. No other anti-tumor therapy received before the treatment. -
1. Patients met the inclusion criteria but declined to participate.
2. Patients with severe portal hypertension, a history of esophageal variceal
hemorrhage, severe hypersplenism syndrome, or refractory ascites.
3. Patients whose permanent pathology after treatment suggested metastatic liver cancer
or primary liver cancer of another tissue type.