Contrast Enhanced EUS Using Definity in the Evaluation of Pancreatic Cancer and Pancreatic Masses
- Consecutive patients over a 1-year period referred for EUS examination due to
suspected pancreatic lesions will be enrolled.
- Age 21 years and above.
- Ability to provide informed consent
Patients with clinical conditions that preclude the use of DEFINITY™ will be excluded.
These conditions are:
- Right-to-left, bi-directional, or transient right-to-left cardiac shunts;
- Worsening or clinically unstable congestive heart failure;
- Acute myocardial infarction or acute coronary syndromes;
- Serious ventricular arrhythmias or high risk for arrhythmias due to prolongation of
the QT interval;
- Respiratory failure;
- Severe emphysema, pulmonary emboli or other conditions that cause pulmonary
hypertension due to compromised pulmonary arterial vasculature;
- Hypersensitivity to DEFINITY™ or its components.