A Feasibility Pilot Trial of Individualized Homeopathic Treatment of Fatigue in Children Receiving Chemotherapy
- Diagnosed with any type of cancer. Patients may have newly diagnosed, relapsed or a
second malignant disease.
- Receiving any type of chemotherapy administered intermittently (i.e. not continuous
administration) with or without radiation treatment
- Discharge from SickKids is anticipated to occur following completion of the current
inpatient chemotherapy or chemotherapy is being administered as an outpatient
- Between 2 and 18 years of age (age range for which instruments are available and
children may be able to comply with homeopathy) A score on the Symptoms Distress
Scale (SDS) of 2 or higher
- Able to ingest medications in lactose/sucrose globule or liquid form
- Reside within Greater Toronto area or willing to travel to the Riverdale Homeopathic
Clinic. Participants living outside of the Greater Toronto area who wish to receive
home visits may be eligible provided that permission is granted by the homeopath
- A parent or caregiver must be able to read and write in English.
- Patients who are currently receiving CAM including homeopathy are eligible.
- Previous history of allergy to the homeopathic products