A Phase I/II, Open-label Study to Evaluate the Safety and Tolerability of Vandetanib 300 mg/Day in Japanese Patients With Unresectable Locally Advanced or Metastatic Medullary Thyroid Carcinoma
- Written consent from female or male Japanese patients aged 20 years and over.
Evidence of non-childbearing status for women of childbearing potential, or
- Previous diagnosis of unresectable, locally advanced or metastatic, hereditary or
sporadic Medullary Thyroid Carcinoma(MTC).
- Patients who have a good overall health status(World Health Organization (WHO)
Performance status 0-2).
- Patients who have appropriate renal conditions confirmed by test results for taking
part in the study.
- For patients with measurable disease(at least one lesion, not irradiated within 12
weeks of study registration, with longest diameter more or equal 10mm (lymph nodes
minimum more or equal 15 mm) with CT or MRI).
- Patients with brain metastases or spinal cord compression.
- Patients with significant abnormal ECG (QTcB correction unmeasurable or more than 480
ms)findings and /or significant cardiac conditions or events, uncontrolled
hypertension and evidence of severe lung desease.
- Abnormal electrolytes such as potassium, magnesium and calcium, or abnormal organ
functions such as decreased creatinine clearance.
- Patients with significant abnormal laboratory findings (to include abnormal liver
function tests (bilirubin more than 1.5xULRR, and ALT, AST, or ALP more than 2.5xULRR
or 5.0xULRR if related to liver metastases).
- Prior treatment (major surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, or other
investigational drugs) received within 28 days before registration.