Amino Acid Transport Imaging of Breast Carcinoma Via Anti-3-[18F]FACBC PET-CT: A Pilot Study
1. Patients must be 18 years of age or older.
2. Patients will have a breast mass and/or lymph nodes naïve to therapy about to undergo
biopsy or post-biopsy pre-therapy. Patients with known or suspected recurrent disease
will be eligible for this protocol.
3. Ability to lie still for PET scanning
4. Patients must be able to provide written informed consent
1. Age less than 18.
2. Inability to lie still for PET scanning.
3. Cannot provide written informed consent.
4. Current therapy for breast carcinoma.
5. Positive serum or urine pregnancy test within 24 hours of study.
Type of Study:
Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Diagnostic
Presence of FACBC radiotracer in breast carcinoma on FACBC PET scan
Outcome Time Frame:
Outcomes will be assessed at the end of one year.
United States: Food and Drug Administration
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Neoplasms
||Atlanta, Georgia 30322