Investigating Serotonin Signalling in IBD Patients
- Patient groups: Disease diagnosis (CD or UC),duration of disease, previous/type of
treatments, duration of treatment and disease prognosis.
- Healthy controls: No diagnosis of CD or UC and no diagnosis of IBS.
- Patient groups: Drugs that directly affect components of 5-HT signaling, any other
disease or condition that may interfere with study assessments as judged by the
- Healthy controls:Chronic use of any anti-inflammatory drugs, drugs that directly
affect components of 5-HT signalling and any other disease or condition that may
interfere with study assessments as judged by the investigator.
Type of Study:
Observational Model: Cohort, Time Perspective: Prospective
Colonic 5-HT levels
Outcome Time Frame:
At the time of tissue collection
Waliul I Khan, MBBS, PhD.
Dept. of Pathology & Molecular Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada.
Canada: Ethics Review Committee
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- IBD, CD, UC, Serotonin, 5-HT
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
- Intestinal Diseases