A Phase 2, Multi-Center, Five-Arm, Parallel Design, Randomized, Single-Blind Study to Evaluate the Safety, Pharmacokinetics and Efficacy of Proellex® (Telapristone Acetate) Administered Vaginally in the Treatment of Premenopausal Women With Uterine Fibroids Confirmed by Ultrasound
- Healthy adult females between 18 and 47 years of age with uterine fibroids confirmed
by ultrasound. Normal, or abnormal but non-clinically significant, transvaginal
ultrasound. History of menstrual events occurring in regular cycles.
- Agreement not to attempt to become pregnant.
- Agreement to limit alcohol consumption to no more than 2 drinks per week and to avoid
alcohol consumption within 48 hours before each visit.
- Ability to complete a daily subject diary and study procedures in compliance with the
- Agrees to use the condoms provided and no other method of birth control (hormonal
methods, contraceptive sponge, spermicide or cervical cap) over the course of the
- Has a negative pregnancy test at the Screening and Baseline visits. An exception for
the pregnancy test requirement will be granted for subjects providing verification of
- A Body Mass Index (BMI) between 18 and 39 inclusive.
- Is available for all treatment and follow-up visits.
- Subject is able to insert vaginal suppositories.
- Subject is willing to exclusively use sanitary napkins (no tampons) during study
- Subject is a post-menopausal woman, defined as either; six (6) months or more
(immediately prior to screening visit) without a menstrual period, or prior
hysterectomy and/or oophorectomy.
- Subject is pregnant or lactating or is attempting or expecting to become pregnant
during the 7 month study period.
- Women with abnormally high liver enzymes or liver disease. (ALT or AST exceeding 1.5x
ULN AND total bilirubin exceeding 1.5xULN at screening and confirmed on repeat).
- Received an investigational drug in the 30 days prior to the screening for this
- Women with a history of PCOS.
- Concurrent use of any testosterone, progestin, androgen, estrogen, anabolic steroids,
DHEA or hormonal products for at least 2 weeks prior to screening and during the
- Use of oral contraceptives in the preceding 30 days. Use of Depo-Provera® in the
preceding 6 months.
- Has an IUD in place.
- Women currently using narcotics.
- Women currently taking cimetidine or spironolactone.
- Clinically significant abnormal findings on screening examination or any condition,
which in the opinion of the investigator, would interfere with the participant's
ability to comply with the study instructions or endanger the participant if she took
part in the study.
- Participation in study ZP-204.