Phase II Trial of Reduced Intensity Conditioning (RIC) and Allogeneic Transplantation of Umbilical Cord Blood (UCB) From Unrelated Donors in Patients With Hematologic Malignancies
Subjects 18-70 years old. ECOG 0-2
Patients must have a diagnosis of one of the following:
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Hodgkin's Disease
- Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorder
Patients must have adequate visceral organ function
- Patients must furnish written informed consent and HIPAA authorization for release of
personal health information.
- Patients must be able to understand the requirements of the study, abide by the study
restrictions, and agree to return for the required assessments.
- Patients who have a histocompatible sibling-matched donor age 18 to 65 years in good
health who is willing to donate stem cells are ineligible.
- Patients who are pregnant are ineligible.
- Patients are ineligible if they have received cumulative chemotherapy doses in excess
of: carmustine (BCNU) 400 mg/m2, and/or a cumulative anthracycline exposure in excess
of 550 mg/m2 doxorubicin (Adriamycin®) unless gated-pool radionuclide cardiac scan
shows greater than/equal to 45% ejection fraction.
Patients who are HIV or HTLV-I, -II antibody sero-positive are ineligible.