Autologous Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Transplantation and Maintenance Lenalidomide After High-dose Melphalan for Multiple Myeloma
- Must be 18 to 75 years of age.
- ECOG performance status of 0, 1 or 2.
- Patients who have a history of another malignant disorder are eligible, provided that
they have not received active therapy for 5 years. Patients with basal cell and
squamous cell skin cancers are eligible.
- Patients who are pregnant are ineligible.
- Patients must furnish written informed consent and HIPAA authorization for release of
personal health information.
- Patients must be able to understand the requirements of the study, abide by the study
restrictions, and agree to return for the required assessments.
- Patients must be HIV and HTLV-I,-II antibody sero-negative.
- Patients must have adequate visceral organ function
- Patients are ineligible if they have received cumulative chemotherapy doses in excess
of: carmustine (BCNU) 400 mg/m2, or a cumulative anthracycline exposure in excess of
550 mg/m2 Adriamycin (doxorubicin) unless the gated-pool radionuclide cardiac scan
shows greater than/equal to 45% ejection fraction.
- Patients are ineligible if they are receiving any other investigational agents.