Prospective Randomized Trial of EUS Guided Celiac Ganglia Neurolysis (CGN) Versus EUS Guided Celiac Plexus Neurolysis (CPN) for Pancreatic Cancer Pain
- 1. Unresectable pancreatic carcinoma (T4 or M1) or advanced T3 disease
- 2. Cytologic or histologic confirmation of pancreatic carcinoma
- 3. Abdominal pain (≥ 3 on NRS scale), ≥ 2 days/week, lasting ≥ 1 hour/ day, stable
intensity for ≥ 7 days
- 4. EUS clinically indicated (for non-study purposes)
- 1. Uncorrectable coagulopathy: (INR) > 1.5 and/or platelets < 50,000
- 2. Abdominal surgery within 1 month
- 3. Prior celiac plexus or ganglia neurolysis.
- 4. Initiation or modification in chemotherapy or radiotherapy within prior 7 days.
- 5. Direct tumor infiltration of the celiac trunk and/or celiac ganglia.
Type of Study:
Allocation: Randomized, Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment, Masking: Double Blind (Subject, Outcomes Assessor), Primary Purpose: Treatment
Pain assessed using a numerical rating scale (NRS) from 0 to 10.
pain response will be measured
Outcome Time Frame:
Baseline to 6 months
United States: Institutional Review Board
- Pancreatic Cancer Pain
- Pancreatic cancer
- Pancreas cancer
- Celiac Plexus
- Pancreatic Neoplasms
||Rochester, Minnesota 55905