1. Patients with a diagnosis of either metastatic NSCLC or metastatic CRC are eligible.
2. Patients should be due to undergo palliative chemotherapy as part of their standard
3. Patients must be able to receive and understand verbal and written information
regarding the study and give written, informed consent.
1. Persons under 18 years of age.
2. Conditions in which research blood sampling may increase risk of complications for
the patient and/or the investigators. For example, uncontrolled bleeding, patients
with a known blood-borne viral infection (eg. hepatitis B or C, HIV) or poor venous
3. Other persons in whom clinical judgement by the investigator concluded that the
patient should not participate in the study. For example, anticipated poor compliance
to attend for follow-up.