Effect of DPP-IV Inhibitors on Occurence of Cancers and the Mechanism Using AGE and RAGE in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
The AGE and RAGE are measured using ELISA method in the laboratory of Department of
Pathophysiology and Therapeutics of Diabetes Vascular Complications, Kurume University,
School of Medicine, Japan before and for 5 years after administration of DPP-IV inhibitors.
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus patients with or without cancer
- Patients who have no treatment with DPP-IV inhibitors.
- Outpatients regularly visiting hospital
- Patients 20 years old (gender is disregarded)
- Patients with a serious complication in the heart, liver or kidney
- Pregnant or possibly pregnant patients, or lactating patients
- Patients participating in other clinical study.
- Other than the above, patients judged inappropriate as the subjects of this
study by the investigator
Type of Study:
Observational Model: Cohort, Time Perspective: Prospective
Frequency of cancers
Outcome Time Frame:
Each one year within 5 years
Kyuzi Kamoi, MD
Nagaoka Red Cross Hospital
Japan: Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare
- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2