Amino Acid Transport Imaging of Parathyroid Adenomas With Anti-3-[18F]FACBC
1. Patients must be 18 years of age or older.
2. Patients will have biochemical and/or clinical evidence of primary
hyperparathyroidism and be a surgical candidate for definitive parathyroid surgery .
3. Ability to lie still for PET scanning
4. Patients must be able to provide written informed consent
1. Age less than 18.
2. Inability to lie still for PET scanning.
3. Cannot provide written informed consent.
4. History of secondary hyperparathyroidism.
5. Positive serum or urine pregnancy test within 24 hours of imaging
Type of Study:
Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Diagnostic
Correlate uptake of anti-3-[18F]FACBC to surgical findings of parathyroid adenomas
To evaluate if anti-3-[18F]FACBC can detect parathyroid adenomas.
Outcome Time Frame:
At approximately 1 month post scan (time of surgery and pathologic analysis)
David M Schuster, MD
United States: Food and Drug Administration
- Parathyroid Disease
- Parathyroid Diseases
- Parathyroid Neoplasms
||Atlanta, Georgia 30322