Monitoring of Patients Treated With Particle Therapy Using Positron-Emission-Tomography (PET): The MIRANDA Study.
- The patient is treated at the Heidelberger Ionenstrahl Therapiezentrum (HIT) with
protons or carbon ions.
- During the radiotherapeutic treatment patient positioning is verified using validated
radiological imaging such as cone beam CT, X-ray or conventional CT
(Reference-Imaging as described above).
- The patient is at least 18 years of age and is able to give informed consent.
- The patient has been informed about the aims and the content of the study.
- No informed consent to take part in the study.
- Medical reasons that impair the patients from being in the supine position for the
data acquisition time, e.g. pain.
- Non-compliance of the patient.