A Phase II Multi-centre Study of MBVD in Elderly and/or Cardiopathic Patients Affected by Hodgkin's Lymphoma (HL)
- Histologically confirmed Hodgkin's lymphoma, except for nodular lymphocyte
- Previously untreated
- Age ≥ 70.
- Age> 18 in presence of cardiopathy according to inclusion criteria…
- Patients with HCV and HBV infection can be included. For patients HBV+ and occult
carriers (AntiHBc+, HbsAg-, AntiHBs+/-) Lamivudine prophilaxis is mandatory.
- Life expectancy >3 months
- Informed consent.
- Staging with PET-CT.
- Preliminary geriatric assessment (ADL, IADL, co-morbidity and frailness scores).
- Lymphocyte predominance subgroup
- Age < 70 (no cardiopathy)
- Age < 18 (with cardiopathy).
- HIV infection.
- Previous treatments for Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Other concomitant or previous malignancies, with the exception of basal cell skin
tumors, adequately treated carcinoma in situ of the cervix and any cancer that has
been in complete remission for > 5 years.
- Renal failure (creatinine higher than twice the normal level) or liver disease
(AST/ALT or bilirubine level higher than 2.5 times the normal level)
- Other clinical situations that contraindicate, to the judgment of investigators, the
administration of a mild-dose chemotherapy. Isolated co-morbidities will be scored
and recorded, but they are not, if isolated, a sufficient reason for exclusion.
- Frail patients, defined accordino to comorbidity scale: patients with 1 grade 4
comorbidity, or >3 grade 3 comorbidities, are excluded. (see appendix.6)
- Unresponsive sepsis
- Impossibility to subscribe the informed consent