Phase II Trial of Individualized Lung Tumor Stereotactic Ablative Radiotherapy (SABR)
- Limited primary or metastatic lung tumors with no evidence of uncontrolled
- Up to 4 lesions may be included, with none larger than 5 cm if there are more than
one, or up to 7 cm if there is a single tumor
- Both peripheral and central tumors are accepted for this trial.
- Age > 18 years old
- Both men and women and members of all races and ethnic groups are eligible for this
- Note: Patients may be enrolled more than once (e.g. for a new tumor)
- Evidence of uncontrolled extrathoracic metastases
- Contraindication to receiving radiotherapy.
- Contraindication to receiving radiotherapy
- Age < 18 years old. Children are excluded because lung malignancies rarely occur in
this age group. Furthermore, treatment requires a great deal of patient cooperation
including the ability to lie still for several hours in an isolated room.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women are excluded; as well as women of child-bearing
potential who are unwilling or unable to use an acceptable method of birth control
(hormonal or barrier method of birth control; abstinence) to avoid pregnancy for the
duration of the study. Male subjects must also agree to use effective contraception
for the same period as above. Should a woman become pregnant or suspect she is
pregnant while participating in this study, she should inform her treating physician