- Patients with suspected or biopsy-proven, locally advanced rectal cancer will be
eligible for enrollment.
- Patients must be 18 years or older. Patients must not be pregnant and, if of
child-bearing age, must take precautions not to become pregnant.
- No life expectancy restrictions.
- ECOG and Karnofsky Performance Status will not be employed.
- Patients with renal failure are ineligible for this study (GFR must be > 60)
- Ability to understand and willingness to sign a written informed consent document.
- Patients who have undergone prior treatment for rectal cancer are ineligible for
- No restrictions regarding use of other investigational agents.
- Patients with severe contrast allergy are ineligible.
- Patients who are pregnant or are trying to become pregnant are excluded from this
- Patients who are cancer survivors or HIV-positive will not be excluded.