Laparoscopic Sentinel Node Navigation Surgery for Gastric Cancer
Prospective phase II clinical trials for sentinel node navigation surgery(SNNS) in early
1. ICG and 99mTc-antimony sulfur colloid (ASC) submucosal injection under intraoperative
2. Sentinel node basin identification and dissection
3. Sentinel nodes picking in back table
4. Frozen biopsy of sentinel nodes(hematoxylin and eosin staining and immunohistochemistry
5. If the sentinel node biopsy by frozen section is negative, limited gastrectomy will be
performed or if positive, radical D2 gastrectomy will be performed.
Sample size: 100 cases
Study duration: 5 years( 2year enrollment, 3 year follow-up)
Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
3 Year disease free survival
Recurrence evaluation by eddoscopy, computed tomography and Positron emission tomography if needed.
Postoperative 3 year
Hyung-Ho Kim, M.D.Ph.D.
Seoul National University Bundang Hospital
Korea: Ministry for Health, Welfare and Family Affairs