Phase Ⅱ Trial of Postoperative Adjuvant Gemcitabine and Cisplatin Chemotherapy Followed by Chemoradiation With Gemcitabine in Patients With Resected Pancreatic Cancer
1. Give written informed consent prior to study specific screening procedures, with the
understanding that the patient has the right to withdraw from the study at any time,
2. Be between 18 and 75 years of age.
3. Patients who are ambulatory and have a ECOG Performance Status of 0-2.
4. Histologically confirmed pancreatic adenocarcinoma.
5. Received curative resection (R0 resection) of stage 1b ~ 2b pancreatic cancer
(according to AJCC staging, 6th edition - Appendix 1), no more than 8 weeks has
elapsed since the time of operation.
6. WBC at least 3,000/mm3 OR Absolute neutrophil count at least 1,500/mm3. Platelet
count at least 100,000/mm3.
7. Bilirubin less than 2.0 mg/dL, AST less than 3 times upper limit of normal (ULN).
Serum creatinine no greater than 1.5 times ULN.
1. Pregnant or lactating woman.
2. Woman of childbearing potential with either a positive or no pregnancy test at
3. Woman of childbearing potential not using a reliable and appropriate contraceptive
method (postmenopausal women must have been amenorrheic for at least 12 months to be
considered of non-childbearing potential).
4. Sexually active males unwilling to practice contraception during the study.
5. Prior chemotherapy for the treatment of pancreatic carcinoma.
6. Radiotherapy incorporating radiation fields of more than 25% of active bone marrow.
7. History of another malignancy within the last five years except cured basal cell
carcinoma of skin and cured carcinoma in-situ of uterine cervix.
8. Clinically significant cardiac disease (e.g. congestive heart failure, symptomatic
coronary artery disease, and cardiac arrhythmias not well controlled with
9. Participation in any investigational drug study within four weeks preceding the start
of study treatment.
10. Serious, uncontrolled, intercurrent infection(s).
11. Other significant medical conditions that would, in the judgment of the investigator,
make administration of study drug unsafe.