An Open Label, Dose Escalation Study Evaluating the Safety and Pharmacokinetics of SAR245408 Administered Orally Daily in Patients With Solid Tumors
- Histologically or cytologically confirmed solid tumor that is metastatic or
unresectable, and for which standard curative or palliative measures do not exist or
are no longer effective, and there are no known therapies to prolong survival.
- Before any study-specific procedure, the appropriate Institutional Review Board (IRB)
approved written informed consent must be obtained. Second informed consent must be
obtained before the patient starts the Treatment Extension Period (Cycle 2 and
Measurable disease as per Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumors (RECIST) criteria.
- < 20 years old.
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status > 2.
- Incapable of understanding or complying with the protocol or has not signed the
informed consent document.
- Unable or unwilling to abide by the study protocol or cooperate fully with the
investigator or designee.
- Inadequate organ or bone marrow function.
- Prothrombin time (PT)/International Normalized Ratio (INR) and/or partial
thromboplastin time (PTT) test results at screening that are above 1.3 × the
laboratory upper limit of normal (ULN).
- Baseline corrected QT interval (QTc) > 460 ms.
- Sexually active (males and females) who do not agree to use medically acceptable
methods of contraception during the course of the study and for 3 months following
discontinuation of study drug. Female patients of childbearing potential must have a
negative pregnancy test at screening.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Has not tolerated previous treatment with other phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)
inhibitor, or has been treated with SAR245408.
- Not recovered from all previous therapies (i.e. radiation, surgery, or medication)
- Currently receiving anticoagulation with therapeutic doses of warfarin (low-dose
warfarin ≤ 1mg/day is permitted).
- Primary brain tumor or brain metastasis are considered eligible if the patient has
not received radiation therapy for brain metastasis within 2 weeks of enrollment and
has been on a stable dose of steroids for 2 or more weeks.
- Uncontrolled intercurrent illness including, but not limited to, ongoing or active
infection (including cytomegalovirus, Epstein-Barr virus, toxoplasmosis, and
hepatitis B and C), symptomatic congestive heart failure, unstable angina pectoris,
or cardiac arrhythmia.
- Known to be positive for the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- Psychiatric illness/social situation(s) that would limit compliance with study
- Allergy or hypersensitivity to components of the SAR245408 formulation.
- Withdraws consent during the screening (starting from signed informed consent form
- Patient who is judged by the investigator as not suitable for participating in the
The above information is not intended to contain all considerations relevant to a
patient's potential participation in a clinical trial.