- Subjects must have a clinical indication for 123I-MIBG imaging to evaluate for the
presence, extent, or status of neuroendocrine tumors;
- subjects must be able and willing to comply with study procedures.
- Subjects with history of renal insufficiency (serum creatinine level > 3.0 mg/dL [265
µmol/L]) and inability to be withdrawn from medications known to interfere with
- Subjects unable to tolerate lying supine;
- Subjects pregnant or breastfeeding, unless the information to be gained outweighs the
possible hazardous effects of 123I-MIBG administration. Where the assessment of the
risk/benefit ration suggests the use of 123I-MIBG in nursing mothers, the
breastfeeding should be discontinued for at least 48 hours post-injection.