Clinical Evaluation of a Salivary Substitute and a Mucoprotective Product on Xerostomia in Head-and-neck Cancer Patients
1. The patient must be at least 18 years of age.
2. The patient must have clinical symptoms of xerostomia (dry mouth) due to treatment of
head and neck cancer
3. The patient must understand and consent in writing to the procedure.
1. Do not meet the criterion for "dry mouth" regarding saliva secretion threshold
2. Known allergy to ingredients in the products to be used in the trial and/or allergy
to soy, peanuts, citrus fruit,Yerba Santa or methyl parabene
3. Patients who are unable or unwilling to cooperate with study procedures.
Type of Study:
Allocation: Randomized, Endpoint Classification: Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Crossover Assignment, Masking: Single Blind (Subject), Primary Purpose: Supportive Care
OHIP questionaire health impact profile
Effect on oral health quality will be assessed after each treatment period
Outcome Time Frame:
Sweden: Medical Product Agency
- xerostomia, saliva, mucoprotection, oral health
- Head and Neck Neoplasms