PhaseⅠClinical Study of Recombinant Human Endostatin in Combination With mFOLFOX6 as Initial Therapy for Patients With Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
1. Provision of written informed consent
2. Histological or cytological confirmed adenocarcinoma of the colon or rectum
3. Age between 18 and 70 years.
4. Patients must have received no prior systemic therapy for metastatic disease.
Anyadjuvant/neoadjuvant oxaliplatin therapy must have been received >12 months prior
to study entry and adjuvant/neoadjuvant 5-FU must have been received >6 months prior
to study entry. Patients who have previously been disease free following a
neoadjuvant chemotherapy regimen and resection of all primary tumour and metastatic
disease are eligible..
5. ECOG Performance Status of 0 or1
6. Life expectancy of at least 12 weeks
7. The required evidence of measurable lesions should be at least 10 mm in the longest
diameter by spiral computed tomography scan or 20 mm with conventional techniques
8. Adequate bone marrow, liver and renal function as assessed by the following
laboratory requirements to be conducted within 7 days prior to screening:
- Hemoglobin > 9.0 g/dl
- Absolute neutrophil count (ANC) >1,500/mm3
- Platelet count 100,000/μl
- Total bilirubin < 1.5 times the upper limit of normal ALT and AST < 2.5 x ULN(<
5 x ULN for patients with liver involvement of their cancer)
- ALP< 4 x ULN
- PT-INR/PTT < 1.5 x upper limit of normal
- Serum creatinine < 1.5 x ULN
1. History of cardiac disease:
- congestive heart failure >NYHA class 2
- with a history of symptomatic coronary artery disease(including angina and
myocardial infarction) or other ischemic heart disease
- cardiac arrhythmias requiring anti-arrhythmic therapy (beta blockers or digoxin
are permitted) or uncontrolled hypertension
2. History of HIV infection or chronic hepatitis B or C (high copy number of HBV).
3. Active clinically serious infections (> grade 2 NCI-CTC version 3.0)
4. Symptomatic metastatic brain or meningeal tumors (unless the patient is > 6 months
from definitive therapy, has a negative imaging study within 4 weeks of study entry
and is clinically stable with respect to the tumor at the time of study entry)
5. Patients with seizure disorder requiring medication (such as steroids or
6. Previous or concurrent cancer that is distinct in primary site or histology from the
cancer being evaluated in this study EXCEPT cervical carcinoma in situ, treated basal
cell carcinoma within 5 years.
7. Recent (<28 days) major thoracic or abdominal surgery prior to entry into the studyor
a surgical incision that is not fully healed
8. Known hypersensitivity to recombinant human endostatin, oxaliplatin, 5-FU,
leucovorin, capecitabine or any of the excipients of these products
9. Substance abuse, medical, psychological or social conditions that may interfere with
the patient's participation in the study or evaluation of the study results.
10. Peripheral neuropathy ≥CTC grade 2
11. Any condition that is unstable or could jeopardize the safety of the patient and
their compliance in the study
12. Pregnant or breast-feeding patients. Women of childbearing potential must have a
negative pregnancy test performed within 7 days of the start of treatment. Both men
and women enrolled in this trial must use adequate barrier birth control measures
during the course of the trial (and men for at least 3 months after last
administration of study medication).