1. Age >/= 55 years and it has been three months or more (with the exception of hormone
therapy) since completing treatment for breast or other solid tumor cancers
(excluding lung, liver, pancreas and brain) and currently in remission.
2. Living within 30 miles of Huntsman Cancer Institute and has access to transportation
and is willing to travel to the study site per study protocol; Travels independently
on public transportation or drives own car.
3. Able to speak and read English fluently, and understand informed consent.
4. Willing to: sign a medical record release form; to be randomized and willing to
participate in classes and all baseline and follow-up appointments.
5. Has some physical limitation as defined by a score of <72 in the Role Physical or <80
in the Physical Functioning sub-scales in the SF-12 screening questionnaire.
6. Does not currently practice in a regular on-going meditative or relaxation technique.
7. Does not currently engage in a regular, strenuous-intensity form of exercise for 30
min or more per day, 3 or more days per week.
1. Engaged in focused intense physical activity for 30 minutes or more a day for 3 or
more days a week for the previous 6 months as per responses on the screening
2. Regular on-going practice with TC or other similar types of Complementary and
Alternative Medicine in the past 6 months such as Qigong, meditation, relaxation, and
yoga since these share some of the principles of TC.
3. Inability to pass the Folstein Mini Mental Status Exam (score <23).
4. Unable to drive or secure transportation to complete all aspects of the study.
5. Health conditions (e.g. severe hearing loss, respiratory, cardiovascular, or
neurological problems) that might interfere with the required intervention.