Integrated Cardiac Care and Palliative Homecare for Patients With Severe Heart Failure
Patients with a confirmed diagnosis in accordance with the criteria proposed by the
European Society of Cardiology and with NYHA III-IV symptoms. And at least one of
1. At least one episode of worsening heart failure that resolved with injection /
infusion of diuretics or the addition of other heart failure treatment in the last 6
months and regarded optimally treated according to the responsible physician.
2. Need for infusions-treatment.
3. Chronic poor quality of life (VAS < 50)
4. Signs of cardiac cachexia (involuntary non-oedematous weight loss ≥ 6% of total body
weight within the last 6-12 months)
5. less than one year life expectancy.
Ineligible are patients:
1. who do not want to participate in the study;
2. with severe communication problems;
3. with severe dementia;
4. with other serious disease in which heart failure is of secondary importance;
5. with other life-threatening illness as the primary diagnosis with expected short
6. when the Primary Care Center which is responsible for patient care is geographically
located from more than 30 km radius outside the hospital; and
7. participating in another clinical trial. -