Supporting Patient Provider Communication for Children With Cancer and Congenital Heart Disease
- Between 7 and 12 years.
- Ethnic norwegian.
- Undergoing treatment for cancer or diagnosed with a congenital heart disease.
- Receiving or have received radiation the brain as this may affect their abilities to
use SiSom and communicate during consultations.
- Syndromes, mental retardation, developmental disorders, language disorders, or
cognitive disorders that affect their ability to report symptoms or communicate
- Other ethnic origin.
Type of Study:
Allocation: Non-Randomized, Endpoint Classification: Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Supportive Care
Outcome Time Frame:
Single measure, video recording of medical consultation lasting approximately one hour
Cornelia M Ruland, PhD
Oslo University Hospital
Norway:National Committee for Medical and Health Research Ethics
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Symptom management
- Symptom assessment
- Patient satisfaction
- Patient-provider communication
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Defects, Congenital