Gene Expression Profiling of Breast Cancer Cells in Pleural Effusion Prodict the Response of Malignant Pleural Effusion to Immunotherapy
1. The patiets with malignant pleural effusion are randomizned to be treated with
cytokins(inteleukin 2) or dendritic cells(DC) plus cytokine induced killer cells(CIK)
2. Malignant pleural effusion from metastatic breast cancer patient is obtained through
thoracentesis and is centrifugalized to enrich cancer cells before the therapy.
3. The enriched cancer cells are flash frozen and stored at -80℃ until processing.
4. The gene expression in pleural effusion is detected by microarray to screen gene
markers that are differently expressed between groups .
5. Statistical analysis is performed using unsupervised hierarchical cluster.
Observational Model: Cohort, Time Perspective: Prospective
Response of malignant pleural effusion to immunotherapy is evaluated with WHO guidelines
JUN REN, MD
Beijing Cancer Hospital
China: Ministry of Health