A PHASE I/II DOSE FINDING AND EFFICACY STUDY OF THE TUMOUR TARGETING HUMAN 131I-L19SIP MONOCLONAL ANTIBODY IN PATIENTS WITH CANCER
1. Patients with cancer, with progressive disease in pre-study period, refractory to
conventional standard treatments.
2. Histologically/cytologically confirmed diagnosis of cancer, preferably lung cancer,
prostate cancer and colorectal cancer (CRC). At least one measurable (minimum 2.0
cm), non irradiated lesion defined according to modified RECIST criteria, i.e.
whenever the measurable disease is restricted to a solitary lesion, its neoplastic
nature need not to be confirmed by cytology/histology.
3. ECOG performance status grade 0 or 1.
4. Age ≥18 and ≤ 75 years.
5. Adequate haematological, liver and renal function (haemoglobin ≥ 9 g/dL, absolute
neutrophil count (ANC) ≥ 1.50 x 10^9/L; platelets ≥ 100 x 10^9/L, bilirubin within
UNL; alkaline phosphatase≤ 2.5 x UNL; ALT, AST ≤ UNL or ≤ 2.5 x UNL in case of liver
metastases; albumin ≥ 2.5 g/dL; creatinine ≤ UNL.
6. All acute toxic effects (excluding alopecia) of any prior therapy (including surgery
radiation therapy, chemotherapy) must have resolved to National Cancer Institute
(NCI) Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events (CTCAE v.3.0) Grade ≤ 1.
7. Negative serum pregnancy test for females of childbearing potential within 14 days of
8. If of childbearing potential, agreement to use adequate contraceptive methods (e.g.
oral contraceptives, condoms, or other adequate barrier controls, intrauterine
contraceptive devices, or sterilization) beginning at the screening visit and
continuing until 3 months following last treatment with study drug.
9. Evidence of a personally signed and dated IEC-approved Informed Consent indicating
that the patient (or legally acceptable representative) has been informed of all
pertinent aspects of the study.
10. Willingness and ability to comply with the scheduled visits, treatment plan,
laboratory tests and other study procedures.
11. Life expectancy of at least 3 months.
12. Signed and dated informed consent.
1. Chemotherapy, radiation, hormonotherapy (with the exception of a gradual titration of
LHRH agonists) or immunotherapy or participation in any investigational drug study
within 4 weeks of study entry (6 weeks in case of prior nitroureas chemotherapy).
2. Prior radiation dose > 30% of bone marrow volume.
3. Presence of cirrhosis or active hepatitis.
4. Presence of serious cardiac (congestive heart failure, heart insufficiency > grade II
NYHA, angina pectoris, myocardial infarction within one year prior to study entry,
uncontrolled hypertension or arrhythmia), neurological or psychiatric disorders.
5. Presence of uncontrolled intercurrent illness or any condition which in the judgement
of the investigator would place the subject at undue risk or interfere with the
results of the study.
6. Recovery from major trauma including surgery within 4 weeks of administration of
7. Pregnancy or lactation or unwillingness to use adequate method of birth control.
8. Active infection or incomplete wound healing.
9. Known history of allergy to intravenously administered proteins / peptides /
10. Any conditions that in the opinion of the investigator could hamper compliance with
the study protocol.