Phase II Study of Individualized Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy of Liver Metastases
- Participants receiving SBRT with protons, will receive radiation treatment as an
outpatient at the Francis H. Burr Proton Therapy Center at Massachusetts General
Hospital. Participants receiving SBRT with photons, will receive radiation treatment
as an outpatient at Brigham and Women's Hospital.
- Not everyone who participates in this study will be receiving the same dose of
radiation. The dose received will be determined by the size and location of the
- Participants will receive 2-3 SBRT treatments per week for two weeks.
- During radiation therapy visits the following tests/procedures will be performed:
vital signs, physical examination, routine blood tests, research blood tests, and
- Follow-up assessments will be performed once at 9 weeks after study treatment, then at
6 months, 12 months, 18 months and 24 months after treatment.
Allocation: Non-Randomized, Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
Local Control Rate
To demonstrate a 1 year local control rate of greater than 70%
Theodore S. Hong, MD
Massachusetts General Hospital
United States: Institutional Review Board
|Massachusetts General Hospital||Boston, Massachusetts 02114-2617|
|Dana-Farber Cancer Institue||Boston, Massachusetts 02115|