Predicting Response and Toxicity in Patients Receiving Lonafarnib for Breast Cancer: A Multicenter Genomic, Proteomic and Pharmacogenomic Correlative Study
OUTLINE: This is a multi-center study.
- Tumor sample
- Serum sample
- All registered patients must be planning treatment with lonafarnib
- Written informed consent and HIPAA authorization for release of personal health
information. NOTE: HIPAA authorization may be included in the informed consent or
- Age > 18 years.
- Planned treatment with lonafarnib for metastatic breast cancer.
- Must consent to have a biopsy performed to obtain fresh tissue or be able to identify
a formalin fixed paraffin embedded (FFPE) tissue block in which tumor samples can be
obtained to complete the testing for this study.
- Planned treatment with any other treatment regimen
Type of Study:
Time Perspective: Prospective
To correlate tumor gene expression (genomic profile) with response to lonafarnib in patients with advanced breast cancer
Outcome Time Frame:
George Sledge, M.D.
Hoosier Oncology Group
United States: Institutional Review Board
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Neoplasms
|Indiana University Melvin and Bren Simon Cancer Center||Indianapolis, Indiana 46202-5289|