- Subjects must have histologically proven breast cancer
- Subjects are being considered for preoperative chemotherapy
- Subjects must be ≥ 18 years old.
- Children will be excluded from this study.
- Pregnant women and women who are breast feeding will be excluded from this study.
(The "PET Procedure Screening Form" will be used to identify and exclude subjects who
are pregnant or breastfeeding. A urine pregnancy test/or serum beta HCG will also be
performed for women of child bearing potential)
- Patients who are acutely ill who are deemed by their treating physician as not
suitable candidates for this study
Type of Study:
Observational Model: Cohort, Time Perspective: Prospective
Changes in the standard uptake value (SUV) and Gadolinium contrast parameters will be used as a predictor of response then correlated to complete pathologic response measured at the time of definitive surgery.
Outcome Time Frame:
Prior to chemotherapy, within 7-14 days following the start of chemotherapy and immediately prior to surgery.
A. Bapsi Chakravarthy, MD
Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center
United States: Institutional Review Board
VICC BRE 09108
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Neoplasms
|Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center
||Nashville, Tennessee 37232-6838