A Study Investigating the Predictive Value of Philadelphia Positive Stem Cell Properties in Newly Diagnosed Patients With Chronic Myeloid in Chronic Phase Receiving Treatment With Imatinib
- Diagnosis of CML in chronic phase.
- ECOG <2.
- Normal organ function and ULN Total bili, AST and ALT.
- Must have the ability to understand and sign a written consent form
- Patients may not be receiving any other investigational agents.
- May not have prior treatment with Imatinib, Dasatinib, Nilotinib or other tyrosine
- Patients must not have uncontrolled intercurrent illness including, but not limited
to, ongoing or active infections, symptomatic congestive heart failure, unstable
angina pectoris, cardiac arrhythmias, or psychiatric illness/social situations that
would limit compliance with study requirements.
- Pregnant or nursing mothers
- Patients must have no prior malignancies except for; adequately treated non-melanoma
skin cancer, cervical carcinoma-in-situ, adequately treated Stage I or II cancer from
which the patient is in complete remission, or any other cancer from which the
patient has been disease free for 5 years