Randomized Controlled Trial Comparing Efficacy of Sorafenib Versus Sorafenib In Combination With Low Dose Cisplatin /Fluorouracil Hepatic Arterial InfUSion Chemotherapy in Patients With Advanced Hepatocellular Carcinoma
1. 20 Years and older.
2. Life expectancy of at least 12 weeks at the pre-treatment evaluation.
3. Advanced hepatocellular carcinoma with histological evidence on a biopsy specimen, or
typical findings by dynamic CT or CT during hepatic arteriography/arterioportography.
4. Not suitable for resection or local ablation therapy or transcatheter arterial
5. ECOG Performance status of 0 or 1.
6. Cirrhotic status of Child-Pugh score ≤ 7.
7. Adequate bone marrow, liver and renal function, as assessed by the following
- Hemoglobin ≥8.5 g/dl
- Platelet count ≥50,000 /μL
- PT-INR ≤ 2.3
- Total serum bilirubin ≤ 2 mg/dl
- AST(SGOT) and ALT(SGPT) ≤ 6 × upper limit of normal
- Serum creatinine ≤ 1.5 × upper limit of normal
- Amylase ≤ 2 × upper limit of normal
8. Written Informed Consent must be obtained.
1. Previous malignancy (except for cervical carcinoma in situ, adequate treated basal
cell carcinoma, or superficial bladder tumors [Ta, Tis and T1], early gastric cancer,
or other malignancies curatively treated > 3 years prior to entry
2. Renal failure
3. Any heart disease as follows
- Congestive heart failure defined as NYHA class III or IV
- Active coronary artery disease or ischemic heart disease such as cardiac
infarction within 6 months prior to screening
- Serious cardiac arrhythmia
- Serious hypertension
4. Active clinically serious infections except for HBV and HCV
5. Active chicken pox.
6. Auditory disorder.
7. Known history of HIV infection.
8. Known metastatic or meningeal tumors.
9. Extrahepatic tumor spread which affects patient's prognosis
10. History of seizure disorder.
11. Clinically significant gastrointestinal bleeding within 4 weeks prior to study entry.
12. Embolization or infarction such as transient ischemic disease, deep vein thrombosis,
13. Any history of treatment as follows:
- Treatment with the agent which induces CYP3A4
- Surgical procedure within 4 weeks prior to start of study drug
- History of organ allograft
14. Patients unable to swallow oral medications.
15. Gastrointestinal disease that may affect to the absorption of drug or
16. Medication that may affect to the absorption of drug or pharmacokinetics.
17. Any disease or disorder that may affect the evaluation of study drug.
18. Entry to the other clinical trial within 4 weeks prior to entry to this study.
19. Pregnant or breast-feeding patients.
20. Known allergy to the investigational agent or any agent given in association with
21. Substance abuse, medical, psychological or social conditions that, in the judgment of
the investigator, is likely to interfere with the patient's participation in the
study or evaluation of the stuy results.
22. Any condition that is unstable or could jeopardize the safety of the patient and its
compliance in the study, in the investigator's judgment.