Prostate HistoScanning for the Non-invasive Detection and Staging of Prostate Cancer and Characterization of Prostate Tissues (PHS-02)
- Age: >or=18 year-old
- Histologically (positive biopsy) proven prostate cancer with primary and secondary
Gleason patterns attributed.
- Patient planned to undergo radical prostatectomy
- Prostate cancer is deemed to be organ confined (T1-T2, Nx or No, Mx or Mo)
- No prior treatment for prostate cancer, including any type of hormonal therapy
- No major calcification is noted during the TRUS (i.e. (Diameter >or=5 mm, spread all
over the prostate or blocking to much of the ultrasound signal).
- Patient willing to give written informed consent
- Patients who are either unsuitable or unwilling to enter the study or to proceed to