Pazopanib and Weekly Paclitaxel in Stage IIIB/IV Non-small Cell Lung Cancer
- Histologically or cytologically confirmed diagnosis of Stage IIIB (with confirmed
malignant pleural effusion) or Stage IV NSCLC.
- ECOG performance status of 0-2
- No prior systemic first-line therapy for Stage IIIB/IV NSCLC with chemotherapy or any
other biologic therapy. Prior surgery and/or localized irradiation for NSCLC are
permitted. Palliative radiation therapy must have ended 14 days prior to first dose
of pazopanib. Subject with recurrence after previous NSCLC that has been treated with
surgery with or without adjuvant chemotherapy/radiation for curative intent are
eligible, provided 12 months have passed since this treatment ended.
- Appropriate for doublet therapy as first line therapy. At discretion of investigator.
Type of Study:
Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
objective response rate of pazopanib in combination with paclitaxel
To evaluate the objective response rate of pazopanib in combination with paclitaxel in the treatment of subjects with advanced NSCLC. Tumor response will be assessed according to the RECIST criteria (version 1.1).
Outcome Time Frame:
an average of 2 years
United States: Food and Drug Administration
- Non Small Cell Lung Cancer
- non small cell lung cancer
- Stage IIIB/IV non small cell lung cancer
- Carcinoma, Non-Small-Cell Lung
- Lung Neoplasms
|Loyola University Medical Center
||Maywood, Illinois 60153