A Phase I Safety and Immunogenicity Trial of MVA-BN®-HER2 Vaccine in Locally Advanced and Advanced HER2+ Breast Cancer (GENE TRANSFER PROTOCOL)
- Patients are women 18 years of age or older with histologically confirmed
HER-2-positive breast cancer by IHC (3+) or CISH/FISH.
- Patients must have acceptable performance status, life expectancy, and general health
excluding breast cancer.
- Patients cannot be pregnant, lactating, or breast feeding. Patients must have LVEF by
ECHO >= LLN.
- Patients must have no significant cardiac, bone marrow dysfunction, or coagulopathy
(defined as no Grade 3 or greater AE according to NCI CTCAE v 3.0) or significant
hepatic or renal dysfunction (defined as no Grade 2 or greater AE according to NCI
CTCAE v 3.0).
- Stage III patients must have completed surgery and adjuvant or neoadjuvant
chemotherapy and must have been off Trastuzumab for at least 3 months.
- Stage IV patients must have stable disease without evidence of disease progression
and must not be receiving chemotherapy.
- Concomitant therapy discussed in this section refers only to the treatment phase of
- Concomitant use of previously prescribed endocrine therapy is accepted for either
stage III or IV patients.
- Stage IV patients only, may be receiving concomitant Her-2 targeted therapies on
study (Trastuzumab and/or lapatinib).
- Bisphosphonates: Concomitant use of previously prescribed bisphosphonates is allowed.
- Concomitant Her-2 targeted therapy (Trastuzumab and lapatinib) is allowed for the
stage IV treatment group.
- Use of Her2- targeted therapy, chemotherapy, corticosteroids, and other agents for
the treatment of HER-2 (+) breast cancer during the long-term follow-up phase of the
study is at the discretion of the investigator.
- Patients with history of cardiovascular disease, prior malignancies, or prior breast
cancer 'vaccines', are excluded from this trial.