Community-based Approaches to Treating Hypertension and Colon Cancer Prevention
1. Participants must be age 50 years or older,
2. Self-identify as a black or African American male,
3. Have uncontrolled hypertension as defined by systolic blood pressure (SBP) > 135 mmHg
or diastolic blood pressure (DBP) > 85 mmHg and SBP > 130 or DBP > 80 mmHg (in those
with diabetes at the screening).
1. Inability to comply with the study protocol (either self-selected or by indicating
during screening that he could not complete all requested tasks).
Type of Study:
Allocation: Randomized, Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment, Masking: Open Label
Three blood pressure measures and the average of the three measures will be obtained at baseline and 6-month follow-up using a Welch Allyn Vital Signs automated blood pressure monitor.
Outcome Time Frame:
Outcome is measured at 6-month follow-up
Joseph Ravenell, MD, MS
NYU School of Medicine
United States: Institutional Review Board
- Colon Cancer
- colon cancer screening
- african american
- motivational interviewing
- patient navigation
- Colonic Neoplasms
|NYU School of Medicine||New York, New York 10016|