- Female patients 18 to 75 years of age with metastatic breast cancer
histologically/cytologically confirmed not amenable to curative surgery or
radiotherapy and who have received at least two prior chemotherapy regimens including
anthracyclines,taxanes,antimetabolite and vinca-alkaloid and are no longer candidate
for these drugs,
- Karnofsky performance score of at least 70 %, adequate haematological, hepatic and
renal functions and ECG without clinically relevant abnormality.
- Concurrent serious uncontrolled medical disorder,
- known or clinical evidence of brain metastases or leptomeningeal involvement,
- pulmonary lymphangitis or symptomatic pleural effusion or symptomatic ascites,
- history of second primary malignancy,
- HIV infection, preexisting neuropathy,
- pregnancy or breast feeding.