- Age 27-43 years
- Diagnosis of infertility due to endometriosis, severe male factor, tubal occlusion.
- Patient undergoing IVF
- Body mass index (BMI) > 38 kg/m2
- Abnormal uterine cavity as evidenced by sonohysterogram or hysterosalpingography
- Any current use of systemic steroid medication or any infertility treatment within 3
months of study enrollment.
- Any contraindication to being pregnant and carrying a pregnancy to term.
- Any ovarian or abdominal abnormality that may interfere with adequate TVS evaluation.
- Absence of one or two ovaries
- Clinically relevant systemic disease (e.g., Insulin-dependent diabetes, adrenal
dysfunction, organic intracranial lesion, polycystic ovarian syndrome,
hyperprolactinemia, or hypothalamic tumor) or serious illness (Neoplasia).
- History (within past 12 months) or current abuse of alcohol or drugs.
- Administration of any investigational drugs within three months prior to study
- Any medical condition that may interfere with the absorption, distribution,
metabolism or excretion of the study drugs, gastrointestinal diseases, mal absorption
syndromes and liver dysfunction
- Unexplained gynecological bleeding.
- Ejaculated sperm is not sufficient for ICSI
- Patient not able to communicate adequately with the investigators and to comply with
the requirements of the entire study.
- Abnormal COH screening blood done for both partners, including: prolactin, thyroid
stimulating hormone, HIV serology, Hepatitis B and C serology, Rubella, group and
screen and syphilis serology prior to participation in study.
- Unwillingness to give written informed consent. Previous entry into this study or
simultaneous participation in another clinical trial.