- Eligible patients will have clinical stage T1c, T2a, or T2b, a pre-biopsy PSA level
<10 ng/mL and a biopsy Gleason score of 3+3 (or 3+4 if fewer than 30% of biopsy cores
- The ability to understand and willingness to sign a written informed consent are
- Patients with tumor parameters that fall outside of the inclusion criteria.
- Patients with evidence on imagining (bone scan, CT, or MRI) suggestive of
- Patients who have had any form of prior prostate treatment (surgery, radiotherapy,
cryotherapy, high intensity focused ultrasound, TURP).
- A prior course of hormone therapy (androgen deprivation) of greater than 3 months
- The use of other concurrent investigational agents.
- There are no exclusions due to co-morbid disease or illnesses except for patients
with severe inflammatory bowel disease.
- No life expectancy restrictions will apply.
- Performance status will not be considered.