A Pilot C11-Choline PET-CT Imaging Study in Patients With Locally Advanced Esophageal Cancer
- Newly diagnosed or recurrent patients with locally advanced esophageal cancer with
either squamous or adenocarcinoma histology.
- Ability to tolerate PET imaging
- Prior malignancy is allowed, but the expectation of survival must be that beyond that
expected for patients with locally advanced esophageal cancer.
- Pregnant or lactating females are not eligible for this pilot study.
- Patients having received chemotherapy in the 3 months prior to registration for any
- Patients with metastatic disease requiring chemoradiation for palliation are not
Type of Study:
Endpoint Classification: Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Diagnostic
To evaluate our ability to obtain reliable and meaningful 11C-Choline PET-CT images of esophageal cancer (pre- and post- chemotherapy).
Outcome Time Frame:
United States: Institutional Review Board
- Esophageal Cancer
- PET Positron emission tomography
- CT X-ray computed tomography
- Patients with Locally Advanced Esophageal Cancer
- Esophageal Diseases
- Esophageal Neoplasms
|Wake Forest University Health Sciences
||Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27157