Evaluation of Bladder Volumes in Patients Receiving Radiotherapy to the Rectum, Using Kilovoltage Cone-beam Imaging
- Patients receiving radical radiotherapy to rectal malignancies.
- Age > 18 years old
- No previous lower GI radiotherapy
- Written informed consent according to good clinical practice (GCP) and national /
- Patients receiving palliative radiotherapy to rectal malignancies.
- Patients receiving radical short course preoperative radiotherapy for rectal
- Patients unable to give informed consent.
Type of Study:
Observational Model: Cohort, Time Perspective: Prospective
The percentage of patients who are able to achieve a bladder volume within +/- 30% of planning volume, on all treatment CBCT (cone beam computed tomography) scans
Dr Diana Tait
Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust
United Kingdom: Research Ethics Committee
- Rectal Cancer
- Rectal Neoplasms