Surveillance of Influenza Virus Shedding and Immunologic Response in Immunocompromised Children and Young Adults
This study aims to do the following;
- To evaluate the frequency of influenza virus infections due to various subtypes in
immunocompromised children and young adults at SJCRH
- To describe and compare the clinical course and outcome of pandemic H1N1 influenza
infection with that due to other influenza virus subtypes in immunocompromised children
and young adults.
- To evaluate the duration of influenza virus shedding in immunocompromised children and
- To evaluate the immunologic response to natural infection with various subtypes of
influenza virus including the pandemic H1N1 influenza A virus.
- To evaluate the viral resistance to antiviral agents in relation to antiviral therapy.
- To compare accuracy of rapid methods for influenza A subtyping and for determination of
Observational Model: Cohort, Time Perspective: Prospective
Evaluate the frequency of influenza virus infections due to various subtypes in immunocompromised children and young adults at SJCRH
one year after enrollment
Hana Hakim, MD
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
United States: Institutional Review Board
|St . Jude Children's Research Hospital||Memphis, Tennessee 38105|