Validation of a Screening Tool in Geriatric Oncology
- Validate a new screening tool (G8).
- Validate the French version of the screening tool "Vulnerable Elders Survey (VES-13)".
- Evaluate the merits of the screening tools (G8 and VES-13).
- Assess the screening tool in specific populations.
- Assess the number and type of interventions proposed after thorough geriatric
- Compare the two new tools (G8 vs VES-13).
OUTLINE: This is a multicenter study.
During the first consultation, patients have an initial clinical evaluation questionnaire
comprising the G8. They also complete the self-questionnaire VES-13. Within 30 days,
patients have a thorough geriatric assessment, including quality of life and physical
function, by a physician without access to the G8 or VES-13 questionnaires. A blood specimen
is also collected.
Information on health status and quality of life is collected from medical records or from
the doctor after 1 and 5 years.
- Histologically confirmed cancer including the following types:
- Squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- Planning to undergo first-time treatment comprising medicine, surgery, or
- No persons deprived of liberty or under guardianship
- No psychological, familial, social, or geographical reasons that would make
monitoring clinically impossible
PRIOR CONCURRENT THERAPY:
- See Disease Characteristics
Type of Study:
Allocation: Non-Randomized, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Screening
Validation of G8 screening tool
Pierre Soubeyran, MD, PhD
United States: Federal Government
- Breast Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- colon cancer
- rectal cancer
- non-small cell lung cancer
- small cell lung cancer
- hypopharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma
- laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma
- laryngeal verrucous carcinoma
- lip and oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma
- oral cavity verrucous carcinoma
- nasopharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma
- oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma
- paranasal sinus and nasal cavity squamous cell carcinoma
- salivary gland squamous cell carcinoma
- prostate cancer
- breast cancer
- adult non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- Breast Neoplasms
- Colorectal Neoplasms
- Head and Neck Neoplasms
- Lung Neoplasms
- Prostatic Neoplasms