A Randomized Study of the Effect of Maintenance Therapy With Bevacizumab + Capecitabine Versus Bevacizumab Alone on Progression-free Survival in Patients With HER2-negative Metastatic Breast Cancer That Has Not Progressed During First-line Docetaxel Plus Bevacizumab Therapy
- adult patients, >=18 years of age;
- HER2-negative metastatic breast cancer
- candidates for taxane-based chemotherapy;
- ECOG performance status of 0 or 1.
- previous chemotherapy for metastatic breast cancer;
- prior adjuvant/neo-adjuvant chemotherapy within 6 months prior to study;
- prior radiotherapy for treatment of metastatic disease;
- chronic daily treatment with aspirin (325 mg/day) or clopidogrel(>75mg/day).
Type of Study:
Allocation: Randomized, Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
Outcome Time Frame:
assessed every 9 weeks (after every 3rd cycle) until progression
Spain: Ministry of Health
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Neoplasms