Anti-[18F]FACBC PET-CT for the Characterization of Primary Prostate Cancer
- Patients must be 18 years of age or older.
- Patients will be scheduled for prostatectomy based on a diagnosis of primary prostate
- Ability to lie still for PET scanning
- Patients must be able to provide written informed consent.
- Age less than 18
- Inability to lie still for PET scanning
- Cannot provide written informed consent.
- Less than 4 weeks since any prior prostate biopsy (to decrease false positive uptake
Type of Study:
Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Diagnostic
We will investigate the ability of anti[18F]FACBC to detect primary prostate carcinoma, and to detect the primary transport mechanism for its uptake
Outcome Time Frame:
At time of scan
David M Schuster, MD
United States: Food and Drug Administration
- Prostate Cancers
- Prostatic Neoplasms
|Emory University Hospital||Atlanta, Georgia 30322|